ASSETT was founded in 2001 by Key Leadership and talent from IBM’s Federal Systems Division Manassas.
Each with more than 30 years of experience — providing advanced system design and lifecycle support for Department of Defense and commercial clients with expertise spanning the spectrum from patent-level innovation development to managing large projects. ASSETT, Inc. is a versatile engineering firm that helps clients succeed with complex projects – whether for defense, business or government goals. Our executive team has directed critical programs for the Navy and commercial industry. We’re known for combining leading-edge capabilities with solid principles of honesty, discipline, and long-term dependability… and we’re honored to see clients return, project after project.
We provide a powerful blend of capability and agility:
- Senior talent leads every engagement – Our leadership team has decades of experience performing groundbreaking work for industry and defense…from patent-level innovations to end-to-end program management.
- Our small-business structure simplifies the process – Our streamlined structure allows us to deliver high responsiveness to our clients…and accelerates results.
- Multiple contracts ensure an uncomplicated, rapid startup for DoD and government projects.
We possess integrated knowledge focused in four Intelligent domains:
- Command and Control/Human-Machine Teaming
- Intelligent Power
- Acoustics and Signal Processing
- Cyber Security
We collaborate extensively with Academia. Our formal partnerships have led to successful proposal awards, product collaboration, and knowledge and resource sharing with the University of Virginia, Duke University, Stevens Institute, M.I.T, and our newest partners George Mason University and Texas A&M.
- ASSETT supports the Department of Defense’s need to maintain its technological advantage by providing low-cost systems that can be developed, produced, and maintained within the prescribed budget structure. Our work has resulted in as much as a 4:1 savings in cost, and a 2:1 reduction in time-to-deployment.
- Sought out for our skills in independent verification and validation, ASSETT is a trusted advisor in the government sector in the areas of system maintainability, sustainability, and reliability. With the dedicated experts that make up our staff, ASSETT’s research yields consistently patent-level innovation.
- The Commercial marketplace is driven by intense competition, requiring companies to be first to market and lowest in cost in order to become or remain an economic leader. We have consistently demonstrated the ability to reduce time-to-deployment and cost by improving and upgrading engineering systems, and tailoring systems engineering practices to meet strategic requirements.
- Many of ASSETT’s tools and services developed in our government-sponsored research work have practical application in the commercial world, helping companies to gain significant competitive advantages.
- ASSETT has developed key collaborative associations with several university research programs in areas such as systems engineering (Stevens Institute of Technology), development of human systems interfaces (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), mathematical algorithm modeling and development (George Mason University), and information reliability modeling (University of Virginia). ASSETT also has an established internship program that facilitates collaboration between university students and ASSETT’s program managers and engineers.
- ASSETT provides industry-experienced instructors on-site to deliver a wide variety of systems engineering and program management training. Students benefit from instructors’ expertise and experience in complex design, development, integration, production, and support programs that include:
- Military systems, including submarine combat systems
- Non-military systems, including air traffic control
- Commercial systems, including IBM internal Information Technology
- Financial Management Systems (FMS), including NAVSEA’s FMS